Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Thank You Pinterest- Part 2

So today is the last day of August and that means it is the end of Pinterest month. It was a successful month at that. I am excited about bringing my cookbooks back out but I will still use recipes that I find on Pinterest (because there are soooo many good ones!)


Meal #1: Tuscan Pasta with Tomato Basil Cream Sauce

Photobucket

Malachi was the culinary artist behind this meal. I started chopping everything up to start cooking but Roman was getting one of his two year molars and all he wanted was his mommy. So I went and sat on the couch and snuggled with my little man so my big man cooked dinner for us. And my man can cook! It was delicious! We will be making this again!!!

Meal #2: Stuffed Zucchini Cups

Photobucket

Roman hated this meal! Lately he has been boycotting anything green, so there was a bit of a battle to get him to take a few bites of this. He loved the stuffing though. Malachi and I both loved it. Really...can you go wrong with anything stuffed with meat and cheese? The one thing about this recipe is that is makes SO many leftovers of the stuffing. So what I did was mixed the stuffing with elbow noodles, topped with mozzarella cheese to make a casserole. It was yummy...and Roman liked that since it didn't have any of that yucky green stuff in it!


Meal #3: Tortellini Spinach Bake in Creamy Lemon Sauce

Photobucket

I wish I could say this dish was amazing...but it wasn't. There was nothing wrong with it...my husband really liked it...but I don't think I will make it again. I think the main thing I didn't like about it was the tortellini. I'm not a big tortellini kind of girl. I think it tastes kind of funny. I would much rather have ravioli!

Meal #4: Jalapeno, Sausage, Jack, Egg Breakfast Braid

Photobucket
Photobucket

I know they say this is for breakfast but we had it for dinner and it was amazing!!! Wasn't spicy enough for this spicy craving pregnant gal, buuuut it was still amazing! It was super easy to make as well. So that is a huge plus with this huge pregnant gal!

Meal #5: Crispy Onion Chicken

Photobucket

This was a yummy light meal. It needed a little extra flavor so we ended up dipping the chicken in some honey mustard (which it was also coated in while it cooked) I wasn't amazed by this dish but it was good, healthy, and easy.

Meal #7: Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry

Photobucket


If you do not make this...then you are CRAZY! It was my favorite of this batch of recipes! I kept eating and eating and eating this stuff! If I go into my doctors appointment tomorrow and have gained wayyyyy too much weight...I will know why!

Breakfast: Cinnamon Sugar French Toast

Photobucket


Just look at those! Don't they look tasty! They were pretty quick and easy to make as well. I made too many for just me and Roman to eat so I froze the rest of them and the heated them up a few days later and they were just as good as the day I made them. I will be making these again!

Dessert: Nutella Cookies

Photobucket


Okay...so these cookies are made with four ingredient. Four. Super easy and the recipe doesn't make that many cookies which is good since I am a sugar addict!

So that wraps up Pinterest month...but each month I'm going to do a post of pictures of the food I made that month and share recipes!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful August!






No comments:

Post a Comment