Thursday, July 28, 2011

In between the rain

The last couple days have been nothing but rain. I miss my Florida sunshine. We keep scrambling to find things to do, but with an almost two year old, it can be pretty tricky to keep him entertained. On sunny days we have plenty to do: we play in our backyard, we go to the beach, we go to the park, and countless other fun outdoor activities. But since we are stuck inside all day we are sticking to watching movies. I wish we had more indoor playgrounds or fun places to take a toddler to on rainy days. But since we live in sunny Florida, most everything is outdoors. I almost cried when I looked at the weather forecast and saw that it is expected to rain for the rest of the week. Not only for Roman's sake but for mine. I always feel so blah on these kinds of days. I thrive in the sun! I think when Malachi and I settle down somewhere it is going to have to be somewhere that is warm and sunny all year round! When Roman wakes up from his nap I may let him play outside if it isn't storming or raining too hard. Who says a little rain isn't good for you???
Photobucket
I shot a wedding last week so none of my pictures are edited
 
Photobucket
Longingly looking outside (and ewwww...please ignore my dirty windows that I am off to clean RIGHT now!)

Photobucket
Snuggling with Daddy

In other news, I am 26 weeks pregnant today! Adelai is now around 2 pounds...they say she is around the size of an eggplant. My pregnancy calendar told me I am 2/3s done with this pregnancy. Which is insane! I just found out we were pregnant like....yesterday! Where is all this time gone? This time around time is going by a lot faster, but it is probably because I am chasing a 22 month old around all the time. I am so glad that my first pregnancy was the easy one and this one is the harder one. If my first one was hard I think I would have sat around and moped all the time. But with Roman I have no time to think about the pain or how sick I feel. I have to be strong for him. It is amazing how having children makes you a harder-working person.
Photobucket
Gah! I love him so much!

Photobucket
He has the longest eyelashes!

I am so happy about starting a new month. This past month was kind of tight budget wise, but in August it is going back to normal. I will have money to put more of Roman's big boy room together and I'm looking forward to that. This week I am going to take pictures of the nursery and Roman's big boy room so that you can see the transformation happen. I never really got to decorate Roman's nursery in this house because when we moved in, Malachi and I went on our honeymoon, I went out of town to visit my parents, and then I got pregnant and sick...so needless to say the room is pretty sad looking. But that will all change in the next few months!
Photobucket
These were taken before the rain descended upon us!

Photobucket
My little man with a big personality!

Photobucket

Have you ever heard of Pinterest? It is amazing! It is a place where you kind find all kinds of inspiration for anything you can think of. I use it for party ideas, holiday ideas, recipe ideas, decorating ideas, hair ideas, and so many other things. In August I am going to do a month of Pinterest for our dinners. My mouth just waters thinking about it! I will take pictures of everything I make and share them with you! I am making some pretty amazing looking dishes!

Photobucket

Photobucket
But now I am off to finish dinner! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment