Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How to make the best banana bread...EVER!

I loooove banana bread. It is actually dangerous when I make it because I could sit down and eat a whole loaf in one sitting...well maybe not....but actually yes I could! I have tried a few different recipes over the years but the one I have kept going back to is the banana bread recipe from the Better Homes and Garden Cookbook. Many of our favorite recipes come from this cookbook. It was the cookbook I was required to own before I married Malachi. It was the cookbook his mother used as he was growing up, so I had to have it so I could cook from it as well. But back to banana bread...whenever using this recipe the bread always turns out moist and rich. What more could you want???

Whenever I'm feeling like banana bread I always buy more bananas than I know we will eat so they can go deliciously bad. I never tell Malachi of my plan because he always complains that all my baking is going to make him fat! Which I take as a compliment! But as a pregnant lady I have the right to bake whenever my little heart desires!
So to make this aaaamazing banana bread you must start out with 5 medium, disgustingly-delicious ripe bananas.
Photobucket
And I find it always helps to have a little helper around whenever you need him.
Photobucket
In a large bowl you mix all your dry ingredients together: 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon (I am extra generous with the cinnamon), and 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg.
Photobucket
Next in a medium bowl combine 2 eggs, your mashed bananas, 1 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup cooking oil.
Photobucket
Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture.
Photobucket
Have your helper mix the mixture till the batter is moistened and lumpy.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Spoon batter into a well greased 9x5 loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes in the oven set at 350 degrees.
Photobucket
Once it is finished let it cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then let it finish cooling outside the pan and voiala...you have beautiful, delicious banana bread!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment