Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Joys of Motherhood

*Before you read this...I am sorry that all the pictures are so big. I am still trying to figure out how to get the pictures to be the right size.*

I love being a stay at home mom! I really do. I can't imagine myself doing anything more than I am doing now. I feel so fulfilled being able to spend everyday with my little man. I am also blessed to have a husband who is willing to work so hard and sacrifice so much so that I can have the option of staying at home. We live without a lot of luxuries...but we are both fine with that.

Photobucket

Photobucket


When I first was a stay at home mom I was kind of embarrassed by the fact (I feel horrible saying that now). I know that sounds horrible or silly, but I thought people, especially other women, would look down on me. It didn't take me long to realize that that was not the case. A lot of women told me they were jealous of me! I was shocked...but then I realized how blessed I am. Some women want to stay home and just can't. What if I had to go to work? I would hate to leave my little baby behind. (And before I continue...I know some women choose to work because they want to. There is nothing wrong with that. It is just that my desire is to stay at home and I do not believe that it makes me better than the women who choose to work. It makes me different.)

Photobucket

Photobucket


Now...I will admit that there are some days that I wish I could get some grown up time and that is what play dates are for. I believe they are just as much for the adults as they are for the kids! Adult interaction is SO important. I learned this the hard way when we lived in Pensacola. I got out to do stuff with other people maybe 5 or 6 times the year we lived there. I was so lonely and I craved adult company. But now that we are back in our home town Roman and I are constantly having play dates. And it is good for both of us. Roman needs the company as well! As much as we love each other we need to sometimes see other people or we will drive each other crazy! And since moving back we have both made some wonderful new friends.
I was just telling my husband that I feel that I am constantly having to learn how to be a mother to Roman. When we first had him I had to learn how to be a mother to a newborn, then an infant, and now a toddler. All his stages are so different. Now that he is a toddler I am having to be more proactive in coming up with activities for him to do. If I don't have an activity planned for us he will either destroy the house (which really ends up happening no matter what I do!) or wanting to watch movies. And I hate that he wants to watch movies all the time. He got way too used to sitting down for a movie everyday when I had morning sickness (more like all day sickness) for the first 16 weeks I was pregnant with his sister. So to counter act that I try to keep him busy. We color, play outside, go to the park, play with play dough, or find other fun things to do. And I have to say I love playing with my son. It is like becoming a kid again! Finding joy in all the small things in life! Shrieking for joy when we see bubbles or laughing hysterically at silly sounds, it is those small things that can bring so much joy to our lives.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Malachi and I have constant entertainment having Roman around. We are constantly in hysterics over the things Roman does. Like just the other day he and Roman were playing in their pool and Malachi decided it need some more air in it. So there he is bent over blowing more air into our little green pool when Roman decides he has to help him out. So Roman bends over and starts blowing raspberries onto the pool thinking he is helping his daddy out. He went on blowing raspberries for a good couple of minutes while Malachi and I are crying from laughing so hard. And of course, being a ham just like his father, Roman continues until our sides ache because he knows how much we love it! I cannot imagine what my life would be like without my little man around!

Photobucket

Photobucket

So as I am sitting outside with both my boys after dinner tonight watching them play together with my hand on my belly feeling my daughter swim around, I think how content I am. I love my life and I wouldn't change anything about it.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment