Thursday, February 11, 2010

What to do with my free time

Now that R has a defined schedule, I have a lot more time to myself. And lately all I've been doing is just sitting down in front of the computer and watching tv-shows for hours or getting on facebook far more often than I should. I need some hobbies. I have a scrapbook set that I was given for my bridal shower (almost two years ago) that has just been sitting in my closet all this time. I used to scrapbook a lot. My grandmother is a professional scrapbooker and she helped me get started about seven years ago. I kept up with it for a while but then just stopped, and I'm not sure why. But since I have the supplies I think I'm going to start up again. I'm going to take out that scrapbook and create a book full of pictures from our wedding. If I really enjoy that maybe I'll continue with it and create a scrapbook dedicated to R and then one of our summer and then one of our winter and then one of our honeymoon and so on and so forth. But I want to come up with some other hobbies. I'm thinking about baking more, BUT only when I can take the goodies somewhere else. If they sat in my house I would eat them all. No joke. I want to start making cakes. My very old friend, Chara Nelson, has started her own cake business (Sweet Contemporary...check it out her blog http://sweetcontemporarystudio.blogspot.com/) and she has really inspired me. Not that I'm going to create my own business or anything (I'm no where near that organized or creative to do that!) but I do want to create some cakes. So that I can make amazing cakes for all my kids birthdays and for other occasions. I'm sure that will take up a lot of my free time. What do you guys do for hobbies????

4 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm so happy to have inspired someone! Cakes/pastries are where I have found my niche and I hope you can find yours, too! It is so much fun... and SWEET :)

    ...and who doesn't love the person who brings cake??

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hobby is photoshopping your son. You should start photoshopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OR! you should take up some amateur photography! You have the camera to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is true! Tommy you are so smart!

    ReplyDelete