Sunday, November 29, 2009

I'm a big kid now!

Our first Thanksgiving was a great success! I was slightly nervous because I've heard of so many young wives cooking their first turkey and burning or ruining it one way or another. But everything was perfect and delicious! I started cooking Friday evening and didn't finish till we ate at 6:30 on Saturday! I never once thought of being in the kitchen cooking as a chore. I loved every second of it. There is something so fulfilling about cooking all that food and then seeing people enjoying it so much. Malachi's dad came and ate with us which was really nice. He told me it was the best Thanksgiving meal he had ever had and Malachi is still talking about how good the food was! So it was the best Thanksgiving ever! But everything I experience with Malachi and now little R is the best ever!

On a sadder note, my little R is sick. He has a bad cold so his nose is all running and stuffed up. The poor guy is miserable. He can only sleep for an hour or two before he gets uncomfortable. So last night was a bit rough for us and I have a feeling tonight will be the same. I hate to see him like this. I would rather be sick than see him sick! Same with when Malachi gets sick...I hate it. It is the one thing I can't fix. So hopefully R will heal quickly!

Tomorrow our pastor's wife is coming over to bake with me. I'm really excited! I really like Melinda and I love to bake so it should be a great evening!

1 comment:

  1. You're such an awesome wife! I'm so glad Malachi and you are together! And you aren't rude! Sorry I've been saying that. I hope Roman feels better.

    ReplyDelete